Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New Ultrasound Today

So here's another glimpse of what's to come. We got another ultrasound today because the Dr. wanted a better picture of the connection to the umbilical cord. The lab tech let us watch her move around for a little bit. That made it sooo real! I could see her move and feel it at the same time. What a miracle it is to have a little one inside you! I can't even describe what it feels like. You can see how her feet are up in the picture. She was kicking and waving. Amazing is all I can say. This week they compared her to a one pound box of sugar...maybe that's why I've been craving sweets all week! (Does anyone have any good recipes?) Anyway, we're more than half way there :) I'm sooo excited, but I'm also getting more and more nervous to be a mom. I think though, no matter how much we prepare, we'll never be fully prepared.

5 comments:

  1. That is a really good picture! You can actually tell!! Hurrah! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. That is so exciting to feel the baby moving so well. Hope you are feeling great. Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! The ultra sounds give such a good picture! Don't be nervouse. . . I keep telling Marilyn that if it was so bad, women wouldn't keep having kids! You'll be a great mom. My kids get so excited to feel the baby kick. The funny part is that now, they don't have to feel, they can just see my tummy moving. . they laugh really hard. Good luck. . .and sorry, no pregnant postings for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOO excited for you!! It must have been nice to get another ultrasound, yay! About the sweets, I've been on a chocolate (bundt) cake kick. Here's the recipe if you want to try it...

    Chocolate Pound Cake
    1 box chocolate cake mix (I use a generic devil's food mix)
    1 small box (4-serving) chocolate pudding mix
    1 1/4 cup water
    1/2 cup oil
    4 eggs
    Beat medium speed for 2 minutes. Bake 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. (I always do 60 minutes.) Once it cools a little turn it over onto a plate and drizzle vanilla icing (I use generic and heat it up in the microwave a little) over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For really good sweets check out this blog
    www.pickypalate.com
    It has great truffle recipes.

    I hope you got the maternity clothes. ENJOY! Some are so cute I wish they were normal sized.

    ReplyDelete