Monday, September 22, 2008

Update


Ivy's 8 Week Checkup
12 lbs 6 oz
24 inches
(close to 90th percentile on both of those)

She's growing like a weed!!! I can't believe it!
She loves to be held and rocked. Also, we got a new bouncy seat and while I wouldn't say she loves it, I think she enjoys it some of the time. I am loving it because I can bounce her without my arms getting tired :) Sometimes she'll "talk" to me now, which is sooo fun! And if you notice her gloves in the picture above it because like so many babies she keeps scratching herself. (Thanks Lanette for lending the mittens to us!) She slept for 5 hours straight the other night which was awesome!!!!! Her diapers have begun to explode on occasion, usually while in my lap...thank goodness for stain stick! She also peed on the changing table in the mother's room at church because her mom (yup that's me) wasn't fast enough putting the new diaper under her. Thanks to my angel for the day, Paulette, for helping clean up!

I'd love to hear how you other mothers get stains out and also how you help your child enjoy tummy time. Leave a comment if you have any advice :)

6 comments:

  1. Elicia, You're such a good mom. About the stains, I've only come close to getting them out if I take whatever it is off immediately, put some shout on it and let it soak in water. Tummy time was a tough one for little Brenden. He did not want to be on his stomach for long. I would not make him cry for very long cause I didn't want him to hate it, so instead of length, I just tried quantity. I kept giving him different opportunities, at least once a day if not more, and maybe some play toys or mom next to baby to entertain a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my quick n brite. It is awesome. Max overloaded a diaper and I forgot about his outfit for like two days 'cause we weren't at home and quick n brite restored it to new. You'd never know he leaked. There is a lady who sells it that lives in SLC I could get her number if you'd like. Tummy time: Just try as long as she can tolerate it and the time will start getting longer and longer. Patience is the key. Work on her schedule, just like everything else (i.e. nursing, sleeping, meal times).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oxi Clean....lots and lots of Oxi clean. I actually soaked one of Makayla's shirts the other day that had been in her drawer since last April and the stains came out. It's as good as new. One big scoop in a sink full of water for 5 hours does it every time!

    As far as tummy time goes, I think that's the question every mother has. Really, I think you just have to leave them there for a few minutes at a time even if they don't like it so they learn to like it.

    She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a cutie she is!! I can't believe she's so big already. As for stains, I've always had good luck with a mixture of the Shout spray, topped with some of the gel brushed into the stain and then throw it in the wash. I have had REALLY good luck with many (not all) stains with this method. I do it all the time.

    As for tummy time, my boys always hated it so they never got it! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the secret formula (bless Grandma's heart)! It's your own concoction. 1 part dishsoap to 1 part ammonia to two parts water. For example: 1/2 cup dishsoap, 1/2 cup ammonia, 1 cup water. Mix it all up and spray away!

    And I'm bad, I didn't really do tummy time that much with Aleah. And she's totally normal. Now she does her own tummy time and can push her head up just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OXI CLEAN! I can't tell you how many times my babies poop through there clothes and I am yet to have any of them stain. I just soak it in oxi clean for at least four hours in HOT water and waa-la just like new. It works for almost everything not just poop.

    Ivy is growing so fast, she is so cute. I love chubby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete