Friday, May 23, 2008

My Brother's Wedding and Things

My brother Adam got married this last weekend so Chris and I went to Idaho for the occasion. We had a really nice weekend packed full of visits with friends and family, good food, games, and just hanging out. We got some more fun gifts for the baby thanks to Tara and Lori!! Tara made a blanket, bib, and burp cloth for us (ours is the purple camo one) and Lori got us a noisy toy for the baby to play with later on. And, our friend Lisa lent us a ton of little baby girls clothes!

So here's a funny story for you along with a crazy video. We were hanging around after the sealing while pictures were being taken. All of a sudden, I'm being told by the photographer that my brothers are going to pick me up! She proceeds to show me how the whole thing will go by having my brothers pick her up. She, needless to say, is not 7 months pregnant, was wearing pants, probably weighed at least 50 lbs. less then me and had no trouble whatsoever lifting her leg for the boys to pick her up. I was really hesitant, but decided that I trust my brothers and that I would just go along with it...Chris, my loving husband, got the whole crazy escapade on video with our digital camera, so here it is for your viewing pleasure (or um, displeasure...) I hope you get a couple laughs from it anyway. I totally scream at one point and my dad has to run in and fix my dress, but then I think things are ok. What a crazy photographer! Adam, the one in the tux who got married, was holding my belly and he said that the baby was going nuts! I'm sure it was a bit of a ride for her and it was a riot for the rest of us to say the least. I only have 2 more months to go before the due date and I'm totally huge. People keep asking me if I'm having twins. Personally, I think it's just the late night ice cream cravings that are doing me in, so I'm working on that. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this because it's pretty embarassing!

8 comments:

  1. I like it. I think it's great. Your brothers have sure grown up. I know how you feel. I ran into two different sets of people that I know the other day and they both said I must be ready to have my baby any day and I have 3 months left. Some People?*!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it was great to see you. Next time we'll have to get together longer and I had a whole stack of books to send with you and I forgot. Urgh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a braver woman than I. There is no way EVER that I would have been up to that. :) Also, I probably would have pulled a muscle trying, and hurt for the rest of the day. I guess thats me talking after 4 babies!!! You are a good sport and it looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ROCK, Elicia! You know, I probably wouldn't have given in, but then I wouldn't have such a fun memory and you will, so way to go with the flow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. How fun. I love the little video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is too funny Elicia!! How fun to be able to go for the wedding and see family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That video is funny - and it's not as bad as you described it :) Wow - you're getting pretty close now, pretty exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the story!! I can't open the video so i didn't get the whole affect, but I can just imagine:)

    ReplyDelete