Some things I've noticed about Ivy are that she fusses just when she needs something. At night, she'll wake up to be fed and changed and then go right back to sleep (let's hope that continues). She's had some smiles that reach her eyes already. She loves to be bounced. She likes to stare at the ceiling fan. She's really strong and started holding her head up from day 2. She loves to look in the mirror while being changed. You have to be super quick when changing her diaper or you might get a surprise. She loves bath time as long as she has a full stomach and until she gets cold.
Some things I would like to remember about her birth are that her daddy was very brave and watched everything and then cut her umbilical cord. When she finally was out and crying they laid her on top of me still juicy and everything. It was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen and we cried together. We were supposed to be induced Thursday morning, but they gave me a little pill the night before that did the trick and we didn't even need the pit. My water broke around 1 am and they were quick to give me an epidural (love it!) then, around 6-6:30ish I was really feeling like things were progressing and I needed to be checked on, but waited till 7:30 a.m. The nurse checked me and I was ready to go, but they just kept telling me to wait and that they were waiting on a nurse. I was soooo frustrated until I found out that there were 6 women all ready to give birth right then and only 2 nurses. There was a crisis, a cesarean, and pretty much chaos. We were finally able to push around 9:30 or so and lets just say that that is not my favorite activity. I watched in a mirror until they decided that they needed to use a vacuum because her heart rate wouldn't stay steady. I should have been pushing my epidural button way more, but was sooo glad that she made it. There's more to the story but I'll spare you all the gory details and just write about it in my journal.
I am loving being a mother even with it's trials and my emotional ups and downs. I'm so grateful that I have a patient and loving husband who will sit with me and read to me even when he would like to be doing other things. He gives me the encouragement that I need and I feel so much more love for him as the father of my daughter then I ever thought possible. Babies really are miracles.
Thanks for the posts. When can I come visit you?
ReplyDeleteOk, so I've just read like 6 of your posts...Congratulations!! I don't even think that I've told you that much - I've really not been on the computer this summer. She is PRECIOUS!! I love all the updates you've made (and I for sure love that portable crib/box idea - too funny, but SO glad she got to sleep for you :D
ReplyDeleteI was excited to see updates. She is so precious. Glad you are in your new house. I have to agree with you that Mother's are so great, especially after a baby is born, they help so much while we try to get things figured out:)
ReplyDeleteyay! I was so happy that I got to come visit you in the hospy and meet your momma. She really is perfect! I loved the bathroom story, moms will do ANYTHING for sleep and to make their babies happy! So that just shows already what a good mommy you are. Mazel tov!
ReplyDeleteLove all the updates. Glad you made it through everything safe.
ReplyDeleteIt's always so fun to hear the story. . . thanks for sharing! She's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are doing great!! I am glad that you survived all of that moving and a baby~it reminds me of when alyssa was born because we did that same thing~moved when she was only 5 days old. She is really cute!! I need to come and see you sometime!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing all about her. She's beautiful. Hope you are all getting along well!
ReplyDeleteShe is so precious! I love all the pics and I'm so glad she is here and all is well. I love the name Ivy by the way. . so much better than bonanza jellybean! I hope you guys are doing okay. Enjoy that sweet Ivy as much as you can. . pretty soon she will be walking and talking and you'll wish you could remember her baby years! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe they made you wait for 2 hours after you were ready. How did you handle that! I had to wait 15 minutes for my doctor to get to the hospital and it was all I could do to make it that long. Thanks for all the updates. It's fun to hear everything.
ReplyDeleteLet's just say that I was not a very happy camper. I was ready to stand up and tell Chris to just catch her on her way out. I must have had some extra help from the other side because I couldn't have done it alone.
ReplyDelete